Tuesday, April 28, 2009

30 day Challenge...Get in Shape!


I've been saying I was going to do this for a long time...and putting it off...so here goes. Thanks to Megan, this is the month I finally get back into exercising, which I USED to love. She is hosting a 30 day challenge to help the rest of us out. If you would like to join in, check out her blog for more info. Basically, exercise for 30 days (Sundays off) and drink your water.

Last week, I had a session with a personal trainer who showed NO MERCY on me, but did give me a good plan to get back in shape, or at least in better shape. Basically, I use the exercise balance ball and hand weights, as well as a bosu balance board. These exercises are for my "resistance" training. Trust me when I say they were much tougher than they looked. The benefit of doing your weight work on one of these balance thingies is that while you are exercising your arms or legs, you are also working your core stomach muscles. Double benefit...Yay! Then, I need to do some form of cardio for at least 5 days...ideally 6. If I do one of the machines at the gym (treadmill, ellyptical...) I can get away with 30 minutes per session. If I choose walking at home or biking, she said I need to do one hour. Yikes!!!! Since my goal is not only to tone and get stronger but to lose weight, I need to make sure I am burning those calories. Anyway, I think I can do this. My girls are on board to help me out so wish me luck on Day 1 of the 30 Day Challenge:-)

"The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier."

"I know what Victoria's Secret is. Nobody under the age of 30 can fit into their clothes!"

5 comments:

  1. you go girl! great attitude and great work out plan! and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the quotes~! Good luck with the plan...do you think if I just cheer from the sidelines I could burn some calories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck!

    I have been struggling for 5 weeks now to get into the habit of exercising. These kids are messing up my plans!

    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never feel like I exercise enough. Once you get into the habit...you feel guilty when you don't get up and get moving

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites