Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Special Friends and Cool Moms...

We can never have too many friends in life, right?
Well, then I am really blessed...
because it seems one of the good things to come of this
lightning bolt (as my dr. calls it)
is that friends are reaching out to me...
and what's really shocking are the new friends...
who have quickly become very special to me...
that have gone above and beyond in
encouraging me...
praying for me...
making me feel special...
sending me hugs...


people like Cindy from Whimsical Musings!!!

I woke up the other day to a message from Cindy.
"Suzanne...come by my blog.  I have something for you over there."
No problem...because Cindy has a BEAUTIfUL blog...
and I love visiting her!

Imagine my surprise when I saw this...


"For Suzanne of Florida"

Thank you, dear Cindy!!!!
Your kindness brought tears to my eyes...
not just because of me...
but because you touched on something near to my heart...
ballerinas...
or for that matter my own ballerina girl Taylor.
Thank you so much!!!

Another surprise...
when I found out 2 wonderful guys read my blog the other day...
my cousin Tom and longtime/childhood friend Jim.
Both grew up to be amazing men...
and I am so proud to know them.
They reached out to me when I needed it most!
So...to these 2 special guys...
thank you from the bottom of my heart!
YOU are special friends also...
and I will always remember your kind words and prayers!
Re: my blog...
you're brave men!
I adjusted the settings for anyone to leave comments...
but I will understand if you never come back.
More often than not, 
I am rambling, posting pictures of pretty things...often PINK...
and talking about my latest project...
usually involving something I found at a flea market.
But just so you know...
ALL are welcome!
  
 
 
And just in case I don't embarrass my self enough
with this blog...
I am starting a new one.

Before I tell you the name,
please know that while I smile and try to be positive...
this has me a bit shook...
and scared...
and for that reason I want a lighthearted place to go and NOT
deal with this once in awhile.

Besides, I always did think I had 2 sides to my personality...
2 distinct sides...
one is that shabby, pink, flea market, inspirational person...
and the other is...
I don't know what you call it...
but sometimes it's scary:)
It's the person who would dare put on a pair of ripped jeans...
and who LIVES in flip-flops...
cute ones though...
and who loves nothing better than to hang out with her girls.

So...ready for a laugh?
The new blog is called
Confessions of a Cool Mom!

 I know, I know...
but hey...it's cute...
and I have a plan...
(Four words that terrify my husband...
and my girls, well, they're used to it:)
And I am NOT CONCEITED...
there's even a bit of a joke involved.
If you or someone you know might be interested,
head on over to the new site.
I've made my first post that explains where I'm coming from a bit more.

I hear that...
"What is she thinking"?????
Well, here it is...
I thought about a separate blog that is purely quiet and inspirational...
but I go to many of YOUR sites for that and you do it so well.
I need to go to places like that...
especially these days.
But I need to laugh too.
Even at myself!
And thinking back,
I believe I may have something to offer.
Because my greatest moments have come as a mom
(okay, that was bragging)
and I want to pass them on.
Check it out...you might be surprised.
(But it's only just getting started)

That's it!
Sorry for such long posts lately!

I'm still trying to get back to the the wonderful people who have contacted me...
and I will...
promise!

So for now, goodnight...
and check it out sometime...
if you feel like it.
If not, don't worry...I won't:)

XOXOXOXOX
Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the roller coaster my friend. You will experience many different sides of yourself. Love and support will keep you riding back up to the top time and time again. We're here for you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps... I want to share my recent Chinese food fortune with you.
    It says:
    "Your courage will guide your future".
    My new mantra!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites