Tuesday, February 8, 2011

AWWWW...

so if you've read my blog at any time in the past,
you must know that
I LOVE MY DOGS!

it's true...
there are many days when they are my BEST friends.
make what you want of that one but they are just pure affection, loyalty, and FUN!

so you know I was terrified when, while teaching my daughter about 
checking pupil dilation,
I shined the light on my Freddy-Bear and saw that one eye was dilated and did not
constrict when the light hit it.
I knew that was NOT right.
all night long, I could only find BAD news online regarding this. 
mostly a brain tumor.
oh brother...I've heard those words myself, last summer.
now my sweet little guy...my greatest fan in the world?

so we went to the vet the next day.
she knew what I was thinking and brought out her vet-medical book
to show me there was another option.  
after looking at his eye with her instruments, I could also see what she
was referring to. 
he has a little tear (hole) that prevents his eye from 
constricting in sunlight.
  NOT a tumor.
BUT...have you ever had an eye exam and had your eyes dilated?
if you go out in the sun without sunglasses, your eyes just burn until the pupils
can constrict again.
 
so...what to do?
well, the vet said to walk him in the morning/evening hours mainly
(my little fluff ball doesn't like long walks anyway.)
and if we DO go out in the bright sun,
he needs sunglasses.
SUNGLASSES!

you've heard of goggles, right?
well, these are called DOGGLES...
and they are Freddy's new shades.
 
 oh yeah...he is one cool dude!

the first time he wore them, he would walk 2 steps, stop and try to get them off...
walk a few more, stop...
yesterday he wore them for 15 minutes straight so we're getting there.

his favorite way to wear his new shades...
on top of his head, of course.
 
now you know why this post was titled "awwwww":)

if you can stand it, here's one more pic of my guys.
every time I go into my bathroom to shower and get ready to go out...
they wait by my door.
sometimes I take longer than they would like but still they stay put,
sneaking in a little nap but staying close... 
 
just in case they get to come too.
talk about living in hope...
talk about giving me a GUILT trip!!!
GEEZ guys, I can't take you everywhere!
but trust me, I would if I could:)
 
lastly, Freddy does not have a new wig...
but he does have Maui's tail on his head:)
 
 
(sorry...just thought it was time for a "puppy post":)
yes, sometimes they are a pain.
a BIG pain!
but they are always cute...
always a part of the family...
 and they love me even when I'm in a grumpy mood..
and write grumpy blog posts, like yesterday:)

have a good one...

3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable post:) I am happy that it wasn't any thing more major. So cute that he wears the glasses now. He must know how handsome he looks:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big AWWWWWWWWW! So cute and yes I am so glad it wasn't a brain tumor. He looks so cute with those on! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. The sunglasses are so cute. They are so cuddly looking.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites