Saturday, December 24, 2011

Wink, Wink...

hey y'all...Merry Christmas Eve!!!
hope all is merry and bright with you!

i'd like to tell you about this little book i'm reading,
"When God Winks at You"
by Squire Rushnell.
it isn't new...2006...but it's really good!
it would make a GREAT last minute gift for someone if you need it.

see...i'm a SIMPLE person.
one time i even had a patient tell me and a fellow nursing student that he thought
we were PRETTY nurses...but kinda simple:)
the same goes with the way i learn...
i like to keep it simple.
so when i find a book on Faith,
i especially love when it speaks to me...SIMPLY:)

here's what it's about in the author's words...
"What do Godwinks mean? Think about when you were a kid and someone you loved gave you a little wink across the dining room table...Mom or Dad or Grandma. You didn't say "What do you mean by that?" You knew. It meant: "Hey kid, I'm thinking about you right now." That's what a Godwink is too: a message of reassurance from above, directly to you, out of six billion people on the planet, saying "Hey kid...I'm thinking of you! Keep the faith! You're never alone."

 it also talks about how our life is a jigsaw puzzle.
all the pieces are there and looked at from above, they all fit.
and those little "coincidences" throughout our life weren't coincidences at all.
this isn't a new concept to many of us.
but it may be to some...
so to them, THIS IS FOR YOU.

ever had a "strong gut feeling" 
or felt that "someone is trying to tell you something?"
as a believer, i don't think it's my gut talking:)
but let me tell you about a few "winks" i caught recently.
one i already spoke about happened after my daughter's
performance in the Nutcracker,
when a relative stranger reassured me that my dad did see the whole performance,
with a smile on his face and a gleam in his eye.
you can read more about that HERE.

something else happened shortly after my dad passed.
my sister welcomed a new grandbaby into this world.
i think baby Lathan Leo (named after my dad and his great grandpa)
arrived just a few days after my dad went to Heaven.

well, my sister didn't even know he was to be named after my dad.
it was a last minute change...and what a precious one.
she told me that her first thought, and what she said to my mom,
was that she wished my dad had been able to hold this little boy.
then, it occurred to her, that he DID.
he held this baby close before God delivered it to earth.
he cuddled it and kissed it's soft cheek before sending it to all of us.
now that baby has some mighty big and wonderful shoes to fill.
maybe my dad whispered some words of wisdom in his ear:)

see...i said i was simple.
but i think many in this world are.
and they want to believe...have faith...
but sometimes it seems so out of reach.
but it isn't.
God is right there.
giving winks and signs to let you know which way to go.
so what do you say...
ever received a wink from God?
i'd love to hear about it if you did!
now don't forget to get a copy of this book.
speaking of jigsaw puzzles,
we'll be starting our Christmas puzzle tomorrow
for my dad, the puzzle king.
bless and BE blessed, my friends!
XOXOXOXOX
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and your family and wonderful and blessed Christmas. I believe in God Winks for sure. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites